Welcome to the new MATSA website.
The Massachusetts Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers, Inc. (MATSA) is a non-profit local chapter of the national parent organization. It was formed in 1995 to carry out the mission of ATSA at the state level: to promote responsible assessment and treatment practices for adults with problematic sexual interests, behavior, or offending. More about MATSA
MIDSA TRAINING OPPORTUNITY
The Multidimensional Inventory of Development, Sex, and Aggression (MIDSA) is a computerized self-report inventory that provides a clinical report to support therapeutic interventions with juveniles and adults who sexually offend. Among other information the report includes:
- A history of living arrangements with caregivers and institutions.
- Detailed family and child-rearing experiences, including sexual and physical
abuse, neglect, caregiver relationships and vicarious violence.
- Social, sexual, antisocial, and criminal history.
- Scales assessing sexualization, aggressiveness, and related attitudes, beliefs, and feelings that have been found important in causing and sustaining sexually aggressive behavior.
The MIDSA is a complete software system that includes a program to present the assessment and a program to manage respondents and to request reports. The reports are requested, generated, and sent to the user via the internet, resulting in turn-around times measured in seconds. © 2007 Augur Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Visit http://www.midsa.us to obtain more information.
MIDSA TRAINING OPPORTUNITY
Presented by Dr. Raymond Knight and Judith Sims-Knight
Date: March 16, 2018
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: Hampton Inn of Plainfield
2244 Perry Rd, Plainfield, IN 46168
Cost: $300 per person, includes CD/google drive of MIDSA information, access to web based MIDSA tool, CEU’s, and lunch
2018 MASOC/MATSA Conference:
I am thrilled to announce that registration for the 20th Annual MASOC and MATSA Conference is now available online at www.MASOC.net! If you have attended in the past, you will know of the exciting opportunity this conference offers. To ensure that you get the workshop choices you want, REGISTER NOW! To go directly to the online registration form, CLICK HERE
The 2018 MASOC/MATSA Conference will be held Wednesday, April 11th through Friday, April 13th at the Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, Marlborough, Massachusetts. This year’s conference, titled Preventing Sexual Violence Through Assessment, Treatment and Safe Management provides an opportunity for participants to meet with others working to prevent sexual violence, learn about the newest research, and build a deeper understanding of the emerging issues.
EXCITING THURSDAY EVENING EVENTS THIS YEAR:
Our Thursday evening events include a bus trip to Boston, a Student and New Professionals Reception and a celebration of our 20th year of working together. We will be sending details about our 20th year celebration shortly — be sure to look for these details. Each of these events are a great way to meet others in the field and enjoy your time in the area — please join us for all of them!
WELCOMING STUDENTS TO ATTEND
STUDENT RATES: Look for our student rates at $65/one day, $115/two days, $160/three days and consider attending the Student and New Professionals Reception on Thursday, April 12th from 5-6 PM.
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR SPEAKERS
- Keynote address title is “Cultural Relevance and Inclusion Begins with Us” by Paula Gomez Stordy and helps to focus our conference theme of cultural competence.
- Robert Wright will be presenting offering “An Introduction: Cultural Competence for Sexual Violence Sector Professionals“.
- Cordelia Anderson will focus on “Impact of Pornography“.
- James Worling will speak about “Changing Perspectives: Focusing on Strengths and Protective Factors“.
- David Delmonico’s workshop is titled, “#digitaldeviance: Assessment, Management and Treatment of Online Sex Offenders“.
- Sharon Kelley and Mark Olver will present the “Violence Risk Scale – Sexual Offense Version (VRS-SO) Training“.
I do hope we will see you in April! Simply CLICK HERE to register! As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
The MATSA Resource Directory offers a simple way to identify treatment providers in your area with an easy to use map.
If you are a member of MATSA and would like your information posted on this Directory please contact Laurie Guidry at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (413) 427-6903.
Website Address Change:
Please note that the website address which previously hosted the MATSA website, MATSA.org, is no longer affiliated with the MATSA organization. We apologize for any confusion from those who have visited the current MATSA.org website and it’s content which is anathema to the spirit and mission of the MATSA organization. Please update any links to point to the new MATSA.info address