Location: Caribou, ME
Job Title: Licensed Mental Health Clinician
To Apply: Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include the Job Title in the Subject Line.
Counseling & Psychotherapy Center is seeking Maine State Licensed or License eligible clinicians for full and/or part-time positions.
About us :The Counseling & Psychotherapy Center, Inc. (CPC) is an agency comprised of clinicians and criminal justice professionals who operate specialized sex offender management and treatment programs in many locations throughout the United States.
Job Summary: We are currently seeking a Maine Licensed or License eligible clinicians for full and/or part-time positions. Masters Required.
- Experience working with sexually abusive adults or youth with sexual behavior problems preferred but not required.
- OR experience working with Substance Abuse, Domestic Violence, Addiction or long term mental health counselor wanting to get into the field of sex offender counseling.
- Clinicians must be willing to pursue Sex Offense Treatment Provider Certification through the Maine Sex Offender Management Board.
- Training and Experience hours will be provided with CPC.
- Excellent pay.
Experience and Skills of the Mental Health Professional:
- Experience providing treatment and assessment to forensic clients in a secure or outpatient setting.
- Ability to work closely with Probation and Parole.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an independent setting, with strong organization skills and rigorous attention to detail.
- Willingness to follow agency protocols and participate in weekly training/supervision calls with CPC Clinical Supervision staff.
- Understanding and experience in risk management when working in an outpatient setting.
- Commitment to professional development.
- Ability to make no less than a 6 month commitment to work in a specific location.
- CBT, DBT and motivational interviewing a plus.
Preferential Qualifications for the Mental Health Professional:
- Masters Required in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related degree.
- Experience providing Sex Offender Treatment to adults or adolescents.
- Forensic outpatient treatment experience with substantial focus on group facilitation.
- Bilingual a plus.