Position Title: Forensic Mental Health Clinician & Evaluator
Locations Available: Goleta, CA
Job Type: Part Time
(opportunity for additional caseload if willing to travel to multiple locations)
*Sign on bonus eligible position*
*Spanish speaking candidates given high preference*
Flexible Hours! Design your own work schedule,
CPC facilitates community-based sex offender assessment and treatment services across the state. These positions offer a degree of schedule flexibility and professional autonomy, while still working for a company tat provides clinical and administrative support, oversight and supervision.
Join this dynamic treatment and management program on the front lines with the mission of increasing community safety and no more victimization. You will be part of a team that teaches you how to reduce the risk from offenders and prevent further victimization. It is a challenging but greatly rewarding career opportunity.
Our experienced agency will train and certify a qualified candidate to work in this specialized field to provide risk-reducing treatment interventions with court-ordered clients.
CPC offers you:
Flexible Hours! Design your own work schedule. Professional development, training and assist in certifications related to the work.
Education & Licensing Requirements:
- Master’s or Doctoral level degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or
a closely related field
- Must have LCSW/LICSW, LMHC, LMFT, LPCC or Psychologist license that
is in good standing.
- Understanding of risk management & mitigation principles
- CBT, DBT, and motivational interviewing experience
- Clinical outpatient treatment experience and substantial focus on group
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience providing Sex Offender Treatment, DV or Substance Abuse
- Bilingual Spanish speakers but will consider all qualified candidates
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct ongoing assessment, individualized treatment planning,
group/individual therapy for persons convicted of sex offenses.
- Complete required assessments on clients assigned to caseload, including
but not limited to actuarial and dynamic risk assessment, sexual interests,
personality measures, cognitive and achievement tests.
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date web-based treatment files and clinical
- Work in an independent setting with strong organizational skills and
rigorous attention to detail.
- Attend clinical trainings (CE’s provided) and containment meetings/supervisory meetings as required.
- Work closely and maintain a good working relationship with Probation and
- Adhere to professional and confidentiality requirements in handling client
- Obtain and maintain current Treatment Provider Certification through
California Sex Offender Management Board (CASOMB) – CPC will provide
training for certification.
As of November 1, 2021, CPC fully complies with the National ETS
The Counseling and Psychotherapy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.